At dinner in an out of the way little bistro, I had the most delicious bowl of Butternut Squash Bisque; and being the food detective you know me to be, I enquired as to the ingredients.
The chef, bless his heart, shared the recipe with me.
Butternut Squash Bisque:
For Printable Recipe click HERE
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 small onions diced
- 3 cups peeled, seeded, and cubed butternut squash
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 cups peeled, cubed potatoes
- 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Dash of white wine
- 1 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Melt butter in large stockpot. Add onions and cook until tender.
- Add squash, stock, paprika, and potatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 35 min or until veggies are soft
- Remove and puree in a blender until smooth
- Return to pot and add whipping cream and wine. Slowly reheat, stirring
- Stir in chopped chives just before serving. Ladle into bowls and garnish each with two whole chives, or other greenery.