I hope you enjoy...
|Warm and delicious, a one dish meal sure to hit the spot on a cool evening|
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
For printable recipe click HERE
For the filling
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- One onion chopped
- Two stalks diced celery
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- Two large carrots , diced
- One cup frozen peas
- One can niblets corn
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp thyme, or herbes de provence
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- salt and pepper to taste
For the topping
- 12-15 medium sized russet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dill
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 fresh grated parmesan
- Saute onion, celery, mushrooms and ground beef over medium high heat in a pan sprayed with PAM or lightly oiled with extra virgin olive oil. If the meat begins to stick, deglaze the pan with 1/4 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
- Meanwhile, cook the carrots and peas in a pot of boiling water.
- When the ground beef is just about cooked add the garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Deglaze the pan getting all the flavour off the bottom, add the peas, carrots, corn, soup, and ketchup.
- Stir well to incorporate. Set aside.
- Mash potatoes adding all ingredients in the topping. Fold in the cheese at the end.
- Spray a casserole dish with Pam or coat lightly with extra virgin olive oil
- Cover with a layer of the ground beef mix, a layer of the potatoes, and another layer of the ground beef mix ( you will be building this pie lasagna style.
Bake in a 375 oven for 40-45 minutes. Put a sheet underneath to get any drippings.
Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, and a website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.
Visit her daily on her blog, The Kitchen Witch or on her YouTube Channel, CHARMED With The Kitchen Witch.