For printable recipe click HERE
* 3/4 cup melted butter, divided
* 1 pound fresh mushrooms, stems removed
* 1 cup crushed seasoned croutons
* 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
* 2 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat, drained
* 3 tablespoons minced garlic
* 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Brush a large baking sheet with about 1/4 cup of melted butter.
- Microwave mushroom caps on a paper towel lined plate for 3 minutes on high. Remove and cool slightly.
- Arrange mushroom caps in a single layer over the baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the crushed croutons, remaining 1/2 cup butter, shredded cheese, crabmeat, and garlic. Spoon into mushroom caps where the stems used to be. (I find it easier to use my hands to get as much of the mixture as I can into the caps)
- Sprinkle with additional cheese. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned on the top and serve hot.