I was really pleased with the way this turned out as the flavours were very clean and combined nicely with the whole wheat spaghetti making it a high fiber, energy packed weeknight meal - perfect replenishment after a busy day!
In the meantime, I'm looking forward to the weekend as I plan to create a "spa experience" for myself at home that I will share later on the blog.
Watch for another Cherry Hill blog this weekend and a few other fun things - but for now, I'll leave you with the recipe.
Beef and Mushroom Noodles
For printable recipe click here
- 2 small sirloin steaks
- 1 small box whole wheat spaghetti
- 12-15 button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp vegetable or canola oil
- 3 tbsp Patak's mild curry paste
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 5 green onions cut into one inch long pieces on the diagonal
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup frozen sweetlet peas
- 1 cup roasted unsalted cashews
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- zest and juice of half a lemon
- Thinly slice the steak into strips. Set aside
- Slice the mushrooms, and green onion, mince the garlic, and chop the cilantro
- Fill a large pot with water, add salt and bring to a boil on high.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet or wok, heat the oil and curry paste over medium heat for a minute or two
- Raise the heat to medium high, Add the beef and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, and green peppers. Stir fry 2-3 minutes more.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add the peas.
- The pasta water should be boiling by now. Add the whole wheat spaghetti and boil for 7 minutes until just al dente.
- Simmer the mushrooms and steak for five more minutes letting the sauce reduce.
- Turn off the heat, stir in the lemon, cashews, and cilantro.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the pan with the steak and mushrooms. Toss and serve.