Truth be told, I didn't have super high expectations, but because most of the other WW recipes I've tried over the years have been good, I decided to give it a try last night.
Talk about easy and tasty!
My husband and I both loved this and agree it will now be a part of our repertoire for busy weeknight dinners.
Give it a go as is. It seems simple but it really doesn't need anything else.
And don't skip the cheese - I garnished with fresh grated asiago, but parm would also be great.
I hope you enjoy...
Tortellini en Brodo
For printable recipe click HERE
- 1 32 oz carton low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 (2 1/2 inch strips lemon zest)
- 1 9 oz package refrigerated three-cheese tortellini
- 1 1/2 cups frozen baby peas
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp grate parmesan or asiago cheese
- 1 Tbsp minced parsley
- Bring broth and lemon zest to boil in a large saucepan over medium high heat.
- Stir in tortellini, cover, and return to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 8 minutes.
- Stir in peas and pepper; simmer uncovered until tortellini is tender and peas are heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Discard lemon zest. Serve sprinkled with cheese and parsley.
Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, and a website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.
Visit her daily on her blog, The Kitchen Witch or on her YouTube Channel, CHARMED With The Kitchen Witch.