How's every little thing going?
I have to tell you, life in my neck of the woods couldn't be better because this Determined Dieter is now running 40 minutes a day!
When I look back and realize it's only been six weeks since I began this journey and can see the progress I've made, it makes me very excited!
I'm also excited about the latest video I've submitted in the Real Women of Philadelphia contest because today's recipe is a WINNER!
Philadelphia Holy Rollers
67 calories per roller, 2 g fat
For printable recipe click here
- 1 can chunk crab meat
- 2 diced green onions
- 1 large stalk celery, diced
- 1/2 cup drained and dried mandarin slices
- 1 cup roughly chopped baby spinach
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped roasted unsalted cashews
- 1 1/2 cups chopped vermicelli noodles that have been cooked and cooled
- 1/2 cup Philly light cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp light mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp plus 1 tsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 1/2 cups chopped rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 pkg of rice paper wrappers
- Large bowl filled with hot water.
- Cook vermicelli noodles in boiling water according to package directions (about one minute) Drain and cool under running water. Roughly chop and then set aside in a small bowl.
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together the crab, green onions, celery, mandarin oranges, cashews, and spinach. Add the cooled rice vermicelli noodles and stir until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir the Philadelphia cream cheese, mayonnaise, and sweet chili sauce until smooth and well blended and then add the crab and vegetable mixture and stir until all of the ingredients are well blended and completely incorporated.
- Take a rice paper wrapper and immerse in hot water for 10-15 seconds - just until the wrapper becomes soft and pliable. Place it on a clean flat surface and then place 1/4-1/2 cup of the salad mixture in the middle of the wrapper. Fold it over once just to cover the salad mixture and then fold the sides in - much the same way as a burrito would be folded. Once the sides are tucked in continue to roll to make a cigar shape.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve. Can be kept in refrigerator for up to one day.
- When ready to serve cut each roller into even thirds and plate. Can be served with a little extra sweet chili sauce on the side to dip.
So, without further ado, I am pleased to present - my video!