Coffee, a lazy breakfast, extra time spent in pyjamas, and...
Because Sunday, or, "weigh day" is the moment of truth where the gloves (aka "clothes") come off and I step, ever so lightly, onto the bathroom scale to see if my healthy eating, water drinking, apple cider vinegar taking, jogging, and all around health promoting self has melted any more flab.
Last week I lost a pound, which, according to the automated Weight Watchers message (one pops up each time you submit a new weight) was great because in week three people often gain.
But today when I stepped on the scale and it registered a four pound weight loss - sweet hallelujah - the automated message on high chastised me, telling me I was losing weight too quickly.
I have been advised to speak to my doctor to learn how to lose weight more slowly.
Hell to the No.
I got here in the first place because I am an expert at losing weight slowly.
People, where the butter at?
Anyways, this morning's breakfast sandwich with turkey sausage, sweet red bell pepper, green onion, low fat cream cheese, and pure maple syrup was so yummy I had to share!
Stay tuned later for a Sunday dinner recipe we loved so much we had a hard time believing it was healthy.
Be well everyone and Happy Sunday!
Sweet Maple Sausage Breakfast Sandwich
For printable recipe, click HERE
- Pam cooking spray
- One pre-cooked turkey sausage link cut into bite sized pieces (I pre-cook turkey sausage and store in freezer bags for quick breakfast options)
- 1 Tbsp diced sweet red pepper
- 1 Tbsp diced green onion
- 1 egg
- black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp Philly Light cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 Weight Watchers flat roll (or whole wheat English muffin)
- Mix the cream cheese and maple syrup together.
- Spray a non stick pan with Pam and pre-heat on medium high. Crack egg into pan and break yolk slightly. Add the sausage, red pepper, onion, and pepper and cook egg all the way through turning once.
- Toast the English muffin or flat roll and spread with maple cream cheese. Add the egg mixture and enjoy!