While I love the photograph in my winter banner, it was time to lighten things up - and what better way to do that than to dine outdoors?
The photo was taken a few summers ago in my backyard for an impromptu dinner party featuring ribs and potato salad - I know YUMM!
And I'm super excited with the warm weather approaching to introduce all kinds of creative and original ideas for outdoor entertaining and activities to help inspire you to get the most out of what summer has to offer.
But for today, holidays are still about a month away, and though I would love to spend all morning in my pyjamas, reality dictates that there is work to do and I still have a job.
If you're anything like me, coming home at the end of a hard day means you want something delicious to share with your family for dinner, but also something light and healthy because every day doesn't have to be about butter.
If this is the case and you are trying to lighten things up on weekday nights, then have I got a great dinner idea!
Healthy Mediterranean Style Couscous and Baked Fish
For Printable Recipe Click here
- 1 cup couscous
- 2/3 cup low sodium beef or chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1 diced tomato
- 1 sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- any kind of white fish like sole, cod, tilapia, haddock etc
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425
- Cover a baking sheet with foil and then spoon on the olive oil, red wine vinegar, and tarragon.
- Place fish onto baking sheet and then using a brush, cover fish on both sides with olive oil mixture.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and bake at 425 until fish reaches your desired doneness. The thinner the piece of fish the less time it will take to bake. Rule of thumb - it should take about 10-15 minutes.
- While the fish is cooking, bring the broth and spinach to a boil. Add the couscous and stir well. Remove from heat and cover five minutes.
- Stir the rest of the ingredients into the couscous. Cover and let sit until the fish is ready.