This week my son has been home from school and I have been busy putting together meals that I knew he would like.
One of his favourite things is noodle bowls and so I put together my own version.
The sauce is easy and flavourful and sautees right into the noodles. Perfect for a quick weeknight meal or a casual weekend dinner.
Asian Noodle Bowl
For printable recipe click HERE
Prep/Marinate time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup Hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp hot Asian chili sauce
- 1 clove mined garlic
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced thin
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 carrots sliced on the diagnol
- 3 medium button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- Vegetable or canola oil for stir frying
- 1/2 cup Thai basil
- 5 squares of Rooster brand instant noodles (not ramen)
- Mix together the first seven ingredients and add the chicken. Let marinate for an hour or two.
- Stir fry the vegetables in 1 Tbsp vegetable or canola oil a hot wok until tender crisp and the mushrooms have begun to release their water. Remove to a bowl and sprinkle with the Thai basil.
- Heat another tbsp of oil and stir fry the chicken, reserving the extra marinade.
- Meanwhile, boil the instant noodles app 1-2 minutes until tender and drain.
- When the chicken is cooked through, add the drained noodles, vegetables, and reserved marinade and continue to stir fry, tossing everything together, until everything is incoporated and cooked through.
- Serve in bowls with chop sticks. Garnish each bowl with more Thai basil
Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, and a website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.
Visit her daily on her blog, The Kitchen Witch or on her YouTube Channel, CHARMED With The Kitchen Witch.