Visit the How To video here: Springtime Omelette
Mushroom and Gruyere Omelette with Fresh Herbs
For printable recipe click here
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 4-5 medium sized sliced button mushrooms
- 1 small diced shallot
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- salt and pepper taste
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1/4 chopped fresh herbs (I like chives and parsley)
- Saute the mushrooms and shallot in butter over medium high heat until shallot has caramelized and the mushrooms have browned. De-glaze the pan with sherry and continue to saute until the liquid has reduced and the alcohol has burned off. Remove to a bowl and let sit app, five minutes until mushrooms have released their liquid.
- Whisk the three eggs and add the mushroom liquid to your eggs
- Spray a non-stick on with cooking spray. Return pan to medium high heat and warm pan. Add eggs and shake your pan a bit to spread them out evenly. When the omelette begins to cook and firm up, but still has a little raw egg on top, sprinkle over the mushrooms and the Gruyere.
- Using a spatula, ease around the edge of the omelette, then fold it in half. When it starts to turn golden brown underneath, remove the pan from the heat and slide the omelette on to a plate. Garnish with fresh herbs and enjoy!
Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, a former website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada, the $20,000.00 winner of the online competition "The Real Women of Philadelphia" and a finalist on the Food Network Canada show Recipe to Riches. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.