A little extra virgin olive oil, some Old Bay seasoning, and a creamy side dish featuring orichietta pasta, spinach, and Philadelphia Cream Cheese.
This lovely side can also be featured as a main on it's own and is also delicious with shredded chicken.
I hope you enjoy!
Stay tuned this weekend for reflections on "Plateaus" and some great information regarding blood sugar.
Orichietta Pasta in a Lemony Cream Sauce
For printable recipe click HERE
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- zest of one lemon
- juice of half a lemon
- 3 cups chopped spinach
- 1 cup frozen peas
- one cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1/4 cup Philly Light cream cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil
- 1 Tbsp pine nuts
- 2 1/2 cups orichietta pasta
- 1-2 Tbsp grated asiago cheese (optional)
- Put a large pot of boiling salted water on to boil. Boil pasta until al dente (about 7-9 minutes)
- Saute the garlic in a large non-stick pan over medium high heat just until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add the spinach and continue to saute just until it begins to wilt.
- Add the chicken stock, lemon juice, lemon zest, and peas. Simmer until the broth has reduced by half.
- Add the Philadelphia Cream Cheese and stir until it melts and incorporates into the sauce.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and add to the sauce.
- Stir well and add fresh basil, pine nuts, and asiago cheese.
Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, and a website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.
Visit her daily on her blog, The Kitchen Witch or on her YouTube Channel, CHARMED With The Kitchen Witch.