I made this salad for such a gathering yesterday and was asked by all to share the recipe because everyone enjoyed it so much.
Judy, this one's for you!
Fruity Chicken Pasta Salad
For printable recipe click HERE
- 5 strips of bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1/3 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 2 grilled boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or 2 cups white chicken meat)
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- one small tin mandarin oranges
- 450 grams rotini noodles (16 0z pkg)
- Prepare your vegetables, bacon, and almonds. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, boil the rotini noodles in well salted water just until al dente (app 7-8 minutes)As soon as they are al dente, drain and place into a large bowl of cold ice water to halt the cooking process.
- Add the bacon, onions, almonds, chicken, celery, and mandarins and stir.
- In another large bowl, mix together your dressing.
- 2 cups mayonaisse
- 3/4 cup strawberry or other fruit flavoured yogurt
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Whisk together until it makes a smooth cream and pour over pasta mixing well