Let me start by saying how good it is to be back to regular scheduled programming - although I have to tell you, I wouldn't have traded a second of the adventure I've been on for anything and I hope regular readers will take this as inspiration that you can do anything you set your mind to.
I hope people will also remember not to ever let disappointment stand in the way of pursuing your dreams. If the first opportunity, or the second, or the third don't pan out, keep trying because you never know which time the door will open for you.
All too often people quit too early or never try and are left with a lifetime of if only's - so I say to you on this beautiful Tuesday, grab the brass ring to your own happiness, chart your course, and set sail because what I know for sure is that living in pursuit of a dream is a lot more exciting, rich, and rewarding than living without one.
So what's your dream?
And how can you go about living it?
In the meantime, I am back on trac, out running again, and re-focussing my efforts on healtheir eating etc and have come up with another WINNER!
This one is gluten free, low carb, and absolutely delicious!
A quick and fabulous weeknight dinner the entire family will love.
Spicy Ground Beef Salad Rolls
For printable recipe click HERE
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 4-6 (Makes 12 rolls)
- 12 rice paper sheets
- 1 pound ground beef (can also use ground turkey)
- PAM cooking spray
- 1 medium diced onion
- 2 stalks diced celery
- 1 carrot finely diced
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin or honey hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Asian chile garlic sauce
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 2-4 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Asian (dark) sesame oil
- Spray a non-stick skillet with PAM and bring to medium high heat, brown the ground beef or turkey stirring often and reducing the heat to medium, if necessary. Set aside to cool.
- Cook the onion, carrot, and celery in the same pan, stirring frequently. Add the garlic, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sweet chile sauce, ginger, vinegar, and chile garlic sauce to the onions, and stir. Stir in chopped water chestnuts, green onions, sesame oil, and cooked ground beef; continue cooking until the onions just begin to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Soften rice paper sheets one at a time in a bowl of hot water. Lay the softened sheet onto a clean surface and place between 1/4 to 1/2 cup ground beef mixture into the centre. Top with bean sprouts and green onions and roll tightly.
- Serve with sweet asian chili sauce to dip.
- For a less healthy version, these are also amazing deep fried!
Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, and a website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.
Visit her daily on her blog, The Kitchen Witch or on her YouTube Channel, CHARMED With The Kitchen Witch.