Those weeknight evenings before you go grocery shopping when it becomes essential to use the pantry and refrigerator items you routinely keep on hand.
That's what this dish consists of, along with new zucchini and the sweet bright summery crunch of orange peppers from my garden, this easy to prepare pasta is a deliciously comforting and fresh tasting quick dinnertime option!
Summertime Chicken Fettuccini
For printable recipe click HERE
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup diced orange pepper
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 6 button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup Herb and Garlic Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp low sodium chicken broth
- 450 grams good quality dried fettuccini
- Saute the vegetables in 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil in a non stick pan over medium high heat. When vegetables are soft and mushrooms have released their water, add the garlic and saute 30 more seconds, remove from pan and set aside
- Saute the chicken in the additional tsp of olive oil in the same pan over medium high heat. When the chicken is cooked through and golden brown, add the chicken stock and stir well making a nice golden base. Bring to a low boil.
- Add the vegetables and stir well.
- Add the Philadelphia Cream Cheese and stir well until it melts into the sauce.
- Create a slurry using 2 Tbsp chicken stock and 1 Tbsp cornstarch. Add to the sauce to thicken.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with fettuccini noodles that have been cooked just until al dente.