There is an upside to all this, however, because the milder temperatures have made it easy to discipline myself to write and I am almost ready to send my manuscript to an interested literary agent at the end of the month.
In the meantime, how about a little bit of sunshine on a plate?
These wonderfully moist little orange infused mini muffins are absolutely perfect with a cup of tea on a cloudy day!
Grand Marnier Mini Cupcakes
For printable recipe click HERE
Decadent little mini muffins kicked up with orange zest and amaretto!
1 1/2 cup(s) of all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. of baking powder
1/4 tsp. of salt
3/4 cup(s) of softened butter
3/4 cup(s) of sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup(s) of milk
1 tsp. of Grande Marnier
1/2 cup(s) of Philadelphia Cream Cheese, light or regular softened
1/4 cup(s) of softened butter
1 cup(s) of icing sugar
1 tsp. of Grand Marnier
1 tbsp. of orange zest for the batter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar on medium-high speed for 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, Grand Marnier, and orange zest and beat on low speed until combined.
- Slowly add some of the flour mixture and then some of the milk, alternating until just combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as you go.
- Pour the batter into mini muffin cups (I like to use a mini ice cream scooper) lined with paper or foil liners until 2/3 full
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the middle of the cupcake comes out clean. Cool and frost.
- For the frosting: Place the cream cheese and butter in a bowl and beat for 30 seconds on low to medium speed using a hand mixer.
- Add the icing sugar and Grand Marnier and continue to beat for 1 minute or until frosting is smooth and creamy. Frost the cupcakes and refrigerate until ready to serve.