Spicy Chorizo sausage mixed with hot pickled banana peppers, roasted sweet red pepper, extra old cheddar, and Philadelphia Cream Cheese wrapped in a tortilla shell and baked until crispy on the outside with a zesty, creamy filling in every bite. Serve with an ice cold beer and get ready for hockey season!
Chorizo Sausage and Hot Banana Pepper Appetizers
For printable recipe click HERE
- 2 pre-cooked chorizo sausages diced small
- 1/4 cup(s) of roughly chopped pickled hot banana peppers
- 1/4 cup(s) of chopped roasted sweet red pepper (in the jar)
- 1 cup(s) of extra old cheddar
- 1/2 cup(s) of Philadelphia Cream Cheese, light or regular
- 7 soft burrito shells
- 2 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425
- Fry the diced chorizo sausage in a non stick pan until crispy. Drain on paper towels.
- Mix the chorizo sausage, peppers, cheddar cheese, and cream cheese in a medium bowl until well blended.
- Lay all the tortillas out and equally distribute the sausage mixture among them on the lower 1/3 of the tortilla, about 1/2 inch from the edge.
- Roll up tightly. Cut the ends off so that the filling comes right to the edge. Cut each tortilla into 4 equal bite size pieces
- Place seam side down and not touching on a baking sheet that has been brushed with extra virgin olive oil.
- Brush each bite with more extra virgin olive oil and then bake in a 425 oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, and a website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.
Visit her daily on her blog, The Kitchen Witch or on her YouTube Channel, CHARMED With The Kitchen Witch.