The flavours in this comforting pasta dish mimic a favourite pizza topping and with no heavy cream or butter, it provides a lower calorie option when nothing but creamy carbs will do!
I hope you will try this because it really is a lovely recipe.
Click here for the how to video. In this incarnation I use egg noodles to create a wonderfully comforting dish over the holidays!
Creamy Chicken Spaghetti Florentine
For printable recipe click here
- 2 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts diced into small bite sized pieces
- 6 button mushroom sliced
- 3 large handfuls of baby spinach
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup Philadelphia Cream Cheese light
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts (optional but so good)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large handful spaghetti
- Sautee the chicken and mushrooms in a non stick pan that has been lightly sprayed with olive oil over medium high heat until chicken in golden brown and mushrooms have released their water.
- Add the thyme, oregano, and basil and stir to coat chicken and mushrooms
- Add the spinach and stir until wilted.
- Add the chicken broth and garlic and bring to a boil. Let reduce by about 1/4.
- Add the cream cheese and gruyere cheese and stir well to melt. reduce heat to low and let simmer and thicken while the spaghetti noodles cook.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil. Add pasta and cook 7-8 minutes until just al dente.
- Drain spaghetti and add it directly to the sauce. Mix well and let sit 3-5 minutes. This will ensure the pasta is very flavourful and well coated.
- Add salt, pepper, to taste. Add pine nuts if using.