I came up with a quick and easy stir fry that features finely diced pork, mushrooms, peanuts and bok choy, in a sweet and spicy stir fry sauce. Perfect for a Friday evening or any other day of the week!
Pork Stir Fry with Baby Bok Choy and Peanuts
For printable recipe click HERE
Please enjoy my easy to follow step by step video!
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato ketchup
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 small cloves minced garlic
- 4 boneless fast fry pork chops
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 8-10 button mushrooms sliced
- 4-5 heads baby Bok Choy
- 2/3 cup unsalted cocktail peanuts
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1Tbsp vegetable oil
- Mix together the hoisin sauce, ketchup, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, and minced garlic. Set aside.
- Trim fat from pork chops. Dice the pork into small 1/4 inch cubes by cutting 1/4 inch strips lengthwise and widthwise.
- Chop the baby bok choy. If you are unsure how, watch my step by step video.
- Pour half the sauce over the pork pieces, sprinkle with the corn starch and stir well. Set aside the rest of the sauce to use in the stir fry.
- Heat the oil over medium high in a large non stick pan or wok. Add the pork and mushrooms and and stir fry. Don't worry if the cornstarch begins to brown, just continuing stirring and removing brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Continue to stir fry until the mushrooms have lost their water and the pork is cooked through.
- Add the bok choy and peanuts and stir fry an additional five minutes until the bok choy is wilted and tender.
- Add the reserved sauce, and black pepper.
- Serve over fluffy white rice.
Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, and a website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.
Visit her daily on her blog, The Kitchen Witch or on her YouTube Channel, CHARMED With The Kitchen Witch.