Cooked chorizo adds a lovely, smokey, paprika infused element to dishes and is perfect with flavours like roasted red pepper, tomatoes, olives, and cheese.
For a quick and easy weeknight meal, or a savoury Saturday night pasta, enjoy this with your favourite red like a nice Spanish Rioja.
Creating everyday magic is about embracing the flavours, essence, and simplicity of good food with the people you love in an atmosphere of relaxed comfort.
So put on some music, pour a glass of wine, and unwind in the kitchen. Life is hectic enough, cooking should be simple.
I hope you enjoy!
Spaghetti with Chorizo Sausage
Prep time: 10 min/ Cook time: 20 min/ Serves: 6
For printable recipe click HERE
- 2 pre-cooked chorizo sausages, diced into small 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 5 sweet ripe tomatoes chopped (campari are nice) or a small tin of tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp sweet roasted red pepper (from the jar)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp each dried basil, 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup Philadelphia Cream Cheese, light
- 1/2 cup KRAFT shredded Italiano cheese
- 1 handful spaghetti
- fresh cracked black pepper to finish
- Saute the sausage and onion over medium high heat in a large non-stick skillet until the onions are soft and golden and sausage begins to crisp. There is no need to use additional oil in the pan as the sausage has fat in it.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the garlic and sautee another 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, roasted red pepper, peas, and olives. Continue to stir fry for a minute.
- Add the chicken stock and dried herbs and bring to the boil. Let boil for about a minute.
- Add the cream cheese, and the shredded cheese. Turn element to low and let getnly simmer stirring occasionally while the pasta cooks.
- Cook spaghetti in boiling salted water for 7 minutes. Add about a 1/4 cup of the pasta water to the sauce, stir well and then add the cooked spaghetti directly to the sauce.
- Mix well to coat and enjoy!
Bring the daily magic of The Kitchen Witch straight to your inbox every time a new one is written.
Or you can subscribe by rss feed...
Subscribe in a reader