In episode 1, The Kitchen Witch creates a magical Autumn inspired dinner party featuring apples.
Just in time for Halloween, the menu includes succulent roasted pork chops with onion and apple au jus, tender button mushroom caps stuffed with diced apple, toasted walnuts and gruyere cheese, a refreshing apple and pomegranate cocktail and whimsical "ghostly" duchesse potatoes. For dessert, an easy to make old fashioned apple cake that is sure to get raves!
To watch the entire show, click HERE.
Apple, Walnut, and Gruyere Mushroom Caps
For printable recipe click HERE
- 6 large white button mushrooms
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 tart apple, peeled and diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp herbes de provence or thyme
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1 tbsp Philadelphia Cream Cheese light
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Remove stems from the mushroom caps and dice small.
- Saute stems and onions over medium high heat in a non stick pan prepared with cooking spray.
- When the stems begin to release their water and the onions start to turn golden, add the apples, salt, pepper, and herbes de provence. Continue to saute until the apples are tender.
- Add the garlic and stir just until fragrant.
- Add the sherry and turn heat to low. Add the cream cheese and stir until the cream cheese has melted into the sauce.
- Stir in the walnuts and half the gruyere cheese.
- Spoon even amounts into the mushroom caps. Place onto a baking sheet and top with the remaining Gruyere cheese.
- Bake app 30 minutes until cheese is melted and golden brown.
Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, and a website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.
Visit her daily on her blog, The Kitchen Witch or on her YouTube Channel, CHARMED With The Kitchen Witch.