Dumb question, I know - because of course you have!
And so have I - which is why by the end of work yesterday I can't tell you how tempting it was not to pull over at the local Kentucky Fried Chicken to pick up a bucket of the good stuff.
I resisted temptation, though, and instead opted for a tried and true easy pantry favourite - chicken spaghetti - that can be prepared in under an hour and makes lots for leftovers the next day.
Tender chicken, onions, and black olives in a luscious tomato cream sauce and mixed with packaged spaghetti cooked just until al dente.
I hope you enjoy!
For printable recipe click HERE
Prep time: 10 minutes / Cooking time: 45 minutes/ Servings: 6
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 2 small boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced small
- 1/4 tsp each salt, black pepper, oregano,basil, thyme
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 398 ml tin of Aylmer's Accents tomatoes original flavour
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 can low sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 450 grams spaghetti
- Saute the chicken, onions, and olive oil in a deep non stick skillet or Dutch oven until the onions and chicken are beginning to caramelize and go golden.
- Add the salt, pepper, spices and garlic and saute just until you can smell the garlic (about 30 seconds).
- Add the olives, tomatoes, and bay leaf. Turn to low, cover, and simmer stirring periodically for 30 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add a generous amount of salt just as it begins to boil, add spaghetti and cook just until al dente (app 7 minutes)
- Add the chicken broth, mushroom soup, and parmesan cheese. Simmer on low while the spaghetti cooks.
- Drain spaghetti and add it to the simmering sauce in the skillet. Turn off heat and stir well using two large spoons to get the sauce completely incorporated with the noodles.