Serve with my roasted garlic horseradish potatoes and settle in for a lovely dinner just like grandma used to make!
Crunchy Chicken Breasts with Mushroom Pan Gravy
For printable recipe click HERE
- 2 butterflied boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 /2 Tbsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 C flour
- 6 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Philadelphia Cream Cheese (light or regular)
- Mix the breadcrumbs, paprika, parsley, cayenne pepper, black pepper, garlic powder, and salt.
- Dredge the chicken breast in flour, dip in the beaten egg, and then coat in the bread crumb mixture making sure to cover all over. You can cover and refrigerate at this point to cook later.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350. Spray a cooking sheet with cooking spray and place chicken breasts on top. Spray chicken with a little additional cooking spray and bake for 30 minutes or until internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Meanwhile, saute the mushrooms in a non stick pan coated with cooking spray over medium high heat. When they are golden brown, add the chicken stock and thyme. Bring to the boil and reduce stock by half. Reduce heat to low and add the cream cheese and pepper. Stir well until everything is well blended. Add pepper. Cover and keep warm until the chicken is cooked.
- Serve sauce drizzled over the chicken.
Bring the daily magic of The Kitchen Witch straight to your inbox every time a new one is written.
Or you can subscribe by rss feed...
Subscribe in a reader