Today's recipe adds a delicious new twist on an old classic. Using black olives, peppers, herbs, spices, pasta sauce, and feta cheese, I have created a meatloaf that is moist, flavourful, and lean. It is equally delicious with ground beef or ground turkey.
I hope you enjoy!
For printable recipe click HERE
Or cook along with me in the Kitchen Witch cottage as I show you just how easy this delicious meat loaf is to make!
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup diced black olives
- 1 heaping Tbsp diced pickled banana peppers
- 1 heaping Tbsp diced sweet roasted red peppers (in the jar)
- 1/2 tsp each dried thyme, oregano, basil, salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 cup pasta sauce - I like Ragu light tomato and basil
- 1 egg beaten
- 3/4 cup oats or dried polenta
- 1/2 cup Kraft shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix the ground beef, feta, olives, peppers, spices, salt, pepper, egg, oats and a 1/2 cup of the pasta sauce. Place and pat down evenly in a loaf pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cover with the remaining pasta sauce and bake for 70 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Let rest 10 minutes on counter before slicing.
About Lyndsay the Kitchen Witch
Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, and a website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.
Visit her on her blog, The Kitchen Witch or on her YouTube Channel where she puts out three new cooking videos each week.