This velvety combination of half and half cream, chicken stock, and Philadelphia Cream Cheese can be thrown together in about five minutes and will be a welcome addition to any cook's repertoire.
I hope you enjoy!
For printable recipe click HERE
Easy Cream Sauce for Pasta or Vegetables
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half cream
- 1 Tbsp sherry (optional)
- 1/2 cup Chive and Onion Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- Melt the butter over medium high heat and saute the garlic just until fragrant.
- Turn heat to medium and add the flour to make a paste. Continue to gently saute about another 3- seconds to a minute.
- Whisk in the chicken broth, cream, and sherry. Return heat to high and continue to whisk until sauce begins to thicken.
- Add the cream cheese and continue to whisk adjusting heat as necessary.
- Let sauce rest a few minutes before serving.
- Wonderful as a pasta sauce or drizzled over vegetables.