Salads that incorporate easy to access pantry ingredients but pack a unique punch that elevate them out of the realm of the ordinary.
If this is the case for you, then look no further because today's recipe provides everything above and then some.
I hope you enjoy!
Warm Spinach Salad with Sauteed Mushrooms in Red Wine Vinaigrette
For printable recipe click HERE
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp finely minced white onion or shallot
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp each kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds assorted fresh mushrooms
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 bag fresh baby spinach
- Whisk the first five ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- Saute the mushrooms and garlic in the additional olive oil and butter until the mushrooms have released their water and are slightly crispy and golden brown.
- Toss spinach with the vinaigrette and divide among six salad plates; top each salad with the warm mushroom mixture and serve immediately.