This easy to assemble soul warming dish can be made earlier in the day and refrigerated, or cooled and frozen for up to three months. If baking from frozen, be sure to thaw it in your refrigerator over night.
Enjoy this lovely and comforting dish!
Chicken Shepherd's Pie
For printable recipe click HERE
- 3 cups chopped button mushrooms
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into small, bite sized pieces
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp herbs de provence or dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 package low sodium chicken gravy mix
- 6 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp creamy horseradish
- Saute the mushrooms and chicken over medium high heat in olive oil in a large non-stick skillet or Dutch oven.
- Add the garlic, herbs, salt, and pepper and continue to saute until the mushrooms begin to release their water.
- Add the frozen peas and continue to saute until the peas are warmed through.
- Combine the gravy mix with cold water as per package directions and whisk together in a small bowl. Add the whisked gravy to the pan and bring to the boil.
- Remove to a small casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Boil the potatoes until fork tender and mash with remaining ingredients until fluffy.
- Spoon potatoes over the chicken mixture and spread evenly over all.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350 oven for 30 minutes until bubbly and golden.
Bring the daily magic of The Kitchen Witch straight to your inbox every time a new one is written.
Or you can subscribe by rss feed...
Subscribe in a reader