The beauty of cooking creme is that it forms the basis for a perfect and flavourful cream sauce every time and tonight's citrus and garlic infused pasta dish was no exception!
I hope you enjoy another favourite recipe from me featuring Cooking Creme. Watch for many more in the months to come!
Lemony Crab and Spot Prawns with Shell Pasta
For printable recipe click HERE
- 8 - 12 fresh spot prawns or other large fresh prawns, peeled and de-veined
- 1 large clove minced garlic
- juice and zest from half a lemon
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 8 large button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can chunk meat crab or 1 cup fresh crab meat
- 1/2 container cooking creme in the original flavour
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 cups raw small shell pasta
- Make a marinade with the garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and zest, salt, pepper, and oregano. Place the peeled spot prawns in the marinade, stir well to coat, set aside.
- Saute the mushrooms over medium high heat in a non-stick pan prepared with cooking spray. Saute just until they begin to release their water.
- Add the prawns and marinade to pan and continue to stir fry until the prawns are cooked through and tender (about 2 minutes)
- Meanwhile put on a pot of salted water to boil. Boil the shell pasta until just al dente. Reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water to use in the sauce.
- Add the cooking creme, cayenne pepper, and cheeses, stir well until the cheese melts into the sauce.
- Add 1/4 cup pasta water to thin. Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce. Toss in the pine nuts and parsley. Serve hot.