One minute we're hanging tinsel, baking shortbread, and making New Year's resolutions, and the next we're in the depths of winter with nothing but paper hearts and the odd box of chocolates to get us through until spring.
On top of that, I'm still deep in the throes of renovation leaving me with that constant unsettled feeling of re-building with no end in sight.
Kind of like February.
To fight back, I propose something so utterly delicious it will make your friends and family swoon, and something so shockingly easy to make you are going to put me on your favourite people list for life.
Well, me or my mom because this is her recipe for Seafood Lasagna and its so good that it won a spot in the upcoming Real Women of Canada cookbook published by Kraft Foods Canada!
Please enjoy the easy to follow step by step video.
Cook time: 60 min
Prep time: 20 min
- 1 250 gram container Chive and Onion Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 250 gram container Philadelphia Cream Cheese light
- 1/3 cup hot chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 454 grams frozen pre-cooked shrimp
- 1 can chunk crab meat
- 6 large scallops
- 1 cup frozen rapini or spinach
- 1 cup 2% cottage cheese
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 380 gram bag Kraft 4 Cheese Italiano cheese
- 8 no boil lasagna noodles
- In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheeses, chicken stock, sherry, garlic, basil, and pepper. Whisk to make a smooth cream sauce.
- Thaw the shrimp in cold water and sear the scallops in a non stick pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- When scallops are cooked through, remove from heat and cut into quarters.
- Add the shrimp, scallops, and can of crab to the cream sauce. Set aside.
- Thaw the frozen rapini or spinach and drain well. In another bowl, mix together the rapini or spinach, cottage cheese, and egg.
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray a lasagna pan with cooking spray.
- Layer 3-4 lasagna noodles in your lasagna pan. Spread with a layer of half the cottage cheese mixture. Then spread with a layer of 1/2 the seafood cream sauce mixture, and cover with 1/2 the package of shredded cheese.
- Repeat steps above ending with the seafood mixture and covering with the remaining cheese. Can be double wrapped, and frozen at this point. If baking from frozen, thaw lasagna overnight in refrigerator before it goes in oven.
- Bake in a 350 oven for 60 minutes until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Let rest on counter for 20 minutes before serving to give it a chance to set.
Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, and a website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.
Visit her daily on her blog, The Kitchen Witch or on her YouTube Channel, CHARMED With The Kitchen Witch.