And what could be more lovely with a chilled Riesling, or robust Pinot Noir than these lovely little tartlets?
Better still, they're made using refrigerated pie crust and, start to finish, take less than 45 minutes to put together.
Caramelized Mushroom and Onion Tartlets
For printable recipe, click HERE
- 10 small button mushrooms, diced
- 1 medium diced onion
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp Herbes De Provence or thyme
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1 heaping tbsp Chive and Onion cream cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 1 prepared Pillsbury pie crust
- In a non-stick pan treated with the olive oil, saute the mushrooms and onion over medium high just until they begin to lose their water and the onion is translucent.
- Add the seasonings and continue to saute until golden brown.
- Deglaze the pan with the sherry.
- Add the cream cheese and pecans.
- Remove mushrooms to a bowl and stir in the gruyere cheese.
- Cut the pie crust into 12 rounds and place them into a 12 count tarlet pan.
- Fill each tartlet cup with even amounts of the mushroom mixture.
- Bake 13-18 minutes in a pre-heated 400 degree oven.
Stay tuned a little later for another round of cocktails and gossip!
Bring the daily magic of The Kitchen Witch straight to your inbox every time a new one is written.
Or you can subscribe by rss feed...
Subscribe in a reader