How's every little thing going?
I'm super excited because today, in honour of Weekday Wednesday, I've got the first recipe in a new monthly series featuring upscale versions of home made Hamburger Helper mixes!! You can make these ahead of time to keep on hand for quick, easy - and if I do say so myself - AMAZING dinners like today's Wild Mushroom Stroganoff Helper.
A blend of dried wild mushrooms, beef stock, herbs, spices, and sour cream, this easy to make one pot dish will be a delight to your taste buds - and once you try this, I promise, you will never want one of those boxed mixes again!
Click here for the printable recipe.
Enjoy the step by step video and stay tuned next month for a "Greek Helper" that will blow your mind!
- 3 sachets low sodium beef Bovril
- 1 pkg. dried wild mushrooms (app 1/4 cup)
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp Herbes de Provence or thyme
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 cups dried pasta
- Using a food processor, spice or coffee grinder, grind the wild mushrooms until they resemble a coarse spice.
- Mix all of the ingredients except the pasta together and put into a small plastic re-seaealable bag. Put the pasta into another and store until ready to use.
- Brown 1 lb of extra lean ground beef in a non stick pan.
- When cooked through, add the seasoning packet, 3 cups of water, and the pasta and stir.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat to medium and continue to simmer until pasta reaches your desired doneness (about 7-9 minutes)
- Let rest 3-5 minutes before serving as it thickens up nicely.
Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, and a website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.
Visit her daily on her blog, The Kitchen Witch or on her YouTube Channel, CHARMED With The Kitchen Witch.