It's a dish reminiscent of my childhood growing up in Winnipeg Manitoba where smoked salmon with cream cheese and hard boiled egg was a favourite combination to serve on chewy bagels. In my version we take deli favourites like dill pickle and cream cheese and combine them with smoked salmon, avocado, and baby spinach to make an unforgettable taste experience!
It's also a great way to ensure we're all getting our weekly requirements for omega 3 fatty acids - especially if we sneak tender smoked salmon into a wrap or sandwich like I have done today.
Happy Tuesday all - I hope you enjoy!
Smoked Salmon and Egg Salad Wraps
For printable recipe click here
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup finely minced white onion
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced dill pickle
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup light Chive and Onion cream cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 sift burrito shells
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 3 oz smoked salmon broken into pieces
- Cook eggs in boiling water for fifteen minutes. Drain and cool under running water. Peel and mash in a large bowl. Add the onions, celery, pickles, mayo, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Spread each tortilla with 1/6 of the egg mixture. Divide the salmon and spinach evenly among each tortilla. Roll, wrap, and enjoy!
Bring the daily magic of The Kitchen Witch straight to your inbox every time a new one is written.
Or you can subscribe by rss feed...
Subscribe in a reader