Although my summer vacation has no officially come to an end, I feel incredibly well rested and excited to embark on another year of work.
And along with that comes great recipes and other fun, foodie type things because my cooking life is, truly, what keeps the rest of my life in balance!
So to kick off getting back to work, I have a super special and outrageously delicious recipe to share for succulent grilled prawns served up over a bed of pineapple rice.
Please enjoy the recipe and my Step by Step video to see how it all comes together.
Printable recipe here: Grilled Prawns Pineapple Rice
- 1-2 pounds fresh prawns, peeled and de-veined
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoon Asian chile garlic sauce
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Mix the above ingredients together and marinate the jumbo prawns for 4-6 hours.
- Remove the prawns and place on skewers. Reserve the marinade.
- Bring the reserved marinade to a boil in a small pot.
- Grill the prawns at 400 for 3-4 minutes per side brushing liberally with the marinade.
- Serve over the pineapple rice with more marinade drizzled over all.
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 stalk diced celery
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 tbsp diced jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green onion, white and green sections chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon canola oil for stir-frying, or as needed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 cups cold cooked rice, scented jasmine or basmati if possible
- 1 to 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the white onion, garlic, celery, jalapenos, gingr and green pepper and stir-fry until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the chicken stock, soy sauce, sesame oil, curry powder and sugar and stir-fry
- Add the rice, break up any clumps and stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Add the pineapple and stir-fry to mix them in.
- Serve with the grilled prawns and enjoy!!
Bring the daily magic of The Kitchen Witch straight to your inbox every time a new one is written.
Or you can subscribe by rss feed...
Subscribe in a reader