Printable recipe here
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef or ground turkey (I use ground turkey)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 sweet red or green pepper, diced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp vegetable or extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp taco seasoning mix
- 1 398 ml tin deep brown beans
- 1 540 ml tin Chili style diced tomatoes or stewed tomatoes
- 1 540 ml tin mixed beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp hot sauce (optional)
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni noodles
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese or Tex Mex blend by Kraft
- 1 cup crumbled corn chips
- Saute the ground turkey or beef, onion, and peppers over medium high heat in oil until the meat is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the taco mix, tomatoes, beans, and hot sauce. Turn to medium low and let simmer stirring periodically.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook the macaroni just until al dente (5-7 minutes) in well salted boiling water.
- Drain the macaroni and place in a large bowl. Pour the chili over all and mix well.
- Treat a shallow 4 liter casserole dish with cooking spray and spoon in half of the chili and macaroni.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese and cover with the rest of the macaroni and chili mixture.
- Top with the remaining cheese and the cup of crumbled corn chips.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the cheese is melted and the casserole is heated through.
Bring the daily magic of The Kitchen Witch straight to your inbox every time a new one is written.
Or you can subscribe by rss feed...
Subscribe in a reader