Today's line up of Creamy Seafood Linguini, Garlic Bread, and Peppery Arugula Salad is sure to fit that bill!
Creamy Seafood Lasagna and Garlic Bread
Please enjoy my step by step how to video!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 454 gram package linguini noodles
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 pound (454 grams) jumbo prawns, peeled and de-veined
- 3/4 pound scallops (400 grams) cut into quarters
- 1 120 gram can chunk crab meat
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 2 Tbsp sherry
- 1, 250 gram container Philadelphia Cream cheese chive and garlic
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp each, kosher salt and black pepper
- Saute the prawns and scallops in a non-stick pan over medium high heat in the butter until the prawns are pink and cooked through and most of the moisture has been cooked out of the pan.
- Add the garlic and saute just until it becomes fragrant.
- Add the flour and saute for about a minute, stirring well.
- Add the stock, sherry, evaporated milk, basil, cream cheese, and continue to whisk until the sauce is smooth and velvety.
- Add the parmesan cheese and the salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook the linguini in well salted rapidly boiling water for app 7 minutes until the linguini is just al dente.
- Drain, return to pot, and pour the sauce over all. Mix well to incorporate and let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Slice on loaf of Italian bread. Melt 1/2 cup butter in the microwave in a shallow dish. Add 3-5 cloves minced garlic. Dip the sliced bread into the garlic butter, place on a baking sheet, and sprinkle with fresh grated parmesan cheese. Broil until golden (app 30-50 seconds)
Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, and a website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.
Visit her daily on her blog, The Kitchen Witch or on her YouTube Channel, CHARMED With The Kitchen Witch.