Better still, my original tried and true recipe for mac and cheese is high on flavour without the addition of butter and cream (except in the lobster ;)
Put it all together and you've got a recipe for DELICIOUS!!
Please enjoy my step by step how to video.
Creamy Seafood Mac and Cheese
Printable Recipe here
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Philly light cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded old cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded Gruyere cheese
- 3 lobster tails meat removed and cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 Tbsp low sodium chicken broth
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 4 cups macaroni noodles
- Cook the macaroni noodles in boiling water until just al dente. Add salt during the last 30 seconds of boiling
- Meanwhile, saute the lobster chunks over medium high heat in the butter and olive oil. When the lobster is cooked, add the cup of chicken stock and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium high and add the cream cheese. Stir until the cream cheese in incorporated into the sauce. Add the other cheeses and stir until melted.
- Stir the cornstarch together with the additional Tbsp of chicken stock and then add to the cheese sauce. Stir until thickened and reduce heat to low.
- When macaroni is cooked, drain it and then add to the cheese sauce. Stir well. Serve with fresh cracked black pepper, salt to taste, and fresh Italian parsley as garnish.
Bring the daily magic of The Kitchen Witch straight to your inbox every time a new one is written.
Or you can subscribe by rss feed...
Subscribe in a reader