Tender egg noodles are bathed in a luxurious mushroom cream sauce that re-imagines the flavours of Thanksgiving dinner.
This comfort classic can be made using cooked ground turkey or leftover turkey and features cranberries, toasted almonds, and herbs that come together and evoke memories of Thanksgiving with every bite without all the fat and calories.
Visit the printable recipe here, enjoy the step by step video, and as always, enjoy this beautiful recipe!
Gobble gobble everyone :-)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 3 stalks diced celery
- 1 medium diced white onion
- 12 sliced button mushrooms
- 2 cups (1 pound) cooked ground turkey or 2 cups leftover shredded turkey
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tsp herbes de provence (can substitute 1 tsp dried thyme)
- 1/2 tsp kosher or sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 284 ml (10 fl oz) tin Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup (can use the 1/2 fat variety)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 5 cups broad whole wheat egg noodles
- Heat the olive oil in non-stick skillet over medium high heat and begin to saute the apples, mushrooms, celery, and onion.
- Saute until the onions are soft and translucent and the mushrooms begin to release their water. Continue to cook until veggies begin to turn soft and golden.
- Add the cooked turkey, chicken soup stock, herbs de provence, salt, pepper, minced garlic, and frozen peas. Bring to a boil and let simmer until the peas are cooked (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add the soup, worcestershire sauce, and dried cranberries. Stir, reduce the heat to a low simmer.
- Cook the egg noodles in boiling water for five minutes. Add the noodles to the hot stroganoff mixture. Toss in the toasted almonds. Stir together, and serve.
Bring the daily magic of The Kitchen Witch straight to your inbox every time a new one is written.
Or you can subscribe by rss feed...
Subscribe in a reader