Today's recipe features pantry cooking at it's best - so keep your pantries, fridge, and freezer stocked with Cream of Mushroom Soup, Philadelphia Cream Cheese, frozen prawns, rice, broccoli, and cheddar and you too will be putting together pantrylicious recipes in no time!
Until then, I hope you enjoy today's featured recipe!
Creamy Broccoli and Prawn Rice Casserole
Visit here for the printable recipe
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2-3 cups frozen prawns, peeled, de-veined
- Saute mixture for prawns: 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper, 1 clove minced garlic, juice of 1/2 a fresh lemon
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup Chive and Onion cream cheese
- 1/2 cup cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup hot milk
- 1 tbsp sherry
- 1/2 tsp each salt, pepper, thyme
- 1 cup old cheddar cheese
- Cook the rice in 2 cups of water until fluffy
- Par boil the broccoli just until tender
- Saute the prawns in a non stick pan in extra virgin olive oil until the prawns are pink and cooked through, Season with salt, pepper, garlic, and fresh lemon
- Mix the cream cheese, milk, sherry, and thyme, salt and pepper together in the hot milk and stir until smooth
- Prepare a 9x13 casserole/sheet pan with cooking spray
- Place the rice in the bottom, then the broccoli, half the cheddar cheese, the prawns, and pour the cream sauce over all.
- Bake covered in a 350 oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake an additional 10 minutes until bubbly and golden
- Let rest 10 minutes before slicing
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheddar
Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, and a website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.
Visit her daily on her blog, The Kitchen Witch or on her YouTube Channel, CHARMED With The Kitchen Witch.