This easy to assemble savoury pie is lovely with a tossed salad and a crisp Pinot Grigio or Chardonnay. It can also be made ahead and frozen or put together in the morning, refrigerated, and baked off when you arrive home from work.
Printable recipe can be found here.
Old Fashioned Salmon Pie
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- crust for a 2 crust pie
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 small tins sockeye salmon
- 1 tbsp dill
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 6 shakes hot sauce
- 1/2 cup chive and onion Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1 egg beaten
- Saute the onion in extra virgin olive oil until translucent
- In a large bowl mix the onion with the next 9 ingredients.
- Line a large deep dish pie plate with bottom layer of dough, pour salmon mixture over, top with pie dough and bake in a 400 degree oven for 30-40 minutes.
Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, and a website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.
Visit her daily on her blog, The Kitchen Witch or on her YouTube Channel, CHARMED With The Kitchen Witch.