What a way to start my favourite day of the year!
Visit the printable recipe here: Butterscotch Apple Cinnamon Crescents
Please enjoy my easy to follow step by step video.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 10 minutes
Yield: Makes 8
- 1 tin Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 3 diced granny smith apples
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup butterscotch chips
- Saute the diced apples in the butter in a skillet over medium high heat for about 5 minutes until the apples are beginning to soften.
- Add the cinnamon and nutmeg and stir until well blended.
- Add the butterscotch chips and stir just until they beginning to melt. Remove to a medium bowl and continue to stir until the chips and butter make a smooth butterscotch sauce.
- Drop by the tablespoon onto the wide end of 8 crescents and roll.
- Brush with remaining apples and butterscotch and top with toasted almonds.
- Bake in a 375 oven for 8-12 minutes until puffy and golden.
- Serve warm.
Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, and a website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.
Visit her daily on her blog, The Kitchen Witch or on her YouTube Channel, CHARMED With The Kitchen Witch.