With no cooking shows on that I feel like writing about, I thought I would begin my Fall and Winter season at The Kitchen Witch with a Tuesday "Recipe Rewind" day by featuring some winners from the past - starting today with the most amazing recipe for Swedish Meatballs featuring Philly Cooking Creme.
These are an absolute must try and willif you like creamy Swedish meatballs as much as I do! Read on for the recipe...
One of my favourite shopping experiences when I go to the city is to visit IKEA and, when there, the trip isn't complete without stopping in the IKEA cafeteria for their famous Swedish Meatballs.
But being The Kitchen Witch that I am, I had to figure out an easy way to re-create the dish at home and when I was asked by KRAFT Foods Canada to come up with some recipes to spotlight Philadelphia Cooking Cream when it was launched in Canada, Cooking Creme seemed like the perfect product with which to re-imagine this classic recipe from IKEA.
The result: A creamy, delightful re-creation perfect for weeknight dinners, casual entertaining, and even New Years Eve that can be made ahead and frozen.
Visit the printable recipe here and enjoy my easy to follow step by step video!
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 1/2 pounds extra lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup panko style breadcrumbs
- 12 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup low sodium beef stock
- 1 container Savoury Garlic Cooking Creme
- 1 tablespoon dry dill
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Mix first 8 ingredients together and using a spoon, form into uniform meatballs.
- Brown the meatballs on all sides over medium high heat in a non stick skillet that has been treated with cooking spray.
- Remove meatballs to a shallow casserole dish or lasagna pan that has been treated with cooking spray.
- In the same pan you browned the meatballs in, heat 1 tbsp of butter over medium high heat and saute the mushrooms until they are golden brown and have released their water.
- Deglaze the pan with beef stock and let reduce by half.
- Add the Cooking Creme, dill, and paprika and pour over the meatballs in the casserole.
- Bake covered in a 325 oven for 30 minutes and serve over cooked egg noodles.
Bring the daily magic of The Kitchen Witch straight to your inbox every time a new one is written.
Or you can subscribe by rss feed...
Subscribe in a reader