Are you like me, enjoying time in the kitchen this time of year?
We're having a lovely holiday in my little corner of the world and this year marks a special occasion as my *now* adult son (where does the time go?) is home for the holidays and is going to help me cook Christmas dinner!
I'm certain moms far and wide get why this is such a big deal for me as it's only three years since the dreaded teenage years and I'm still in withdrawal.
I was also thrilled to learn that one of his friends from the good old days still loves my baking and was hoping I'd put together a tin of goodies for him with his favourite Kitchen Witch concoction: No Bake Cornflake Bars.
These are so amazingly delicious - almost like a Crispy Crunch bar only better!
Please enjoy the step by step video... recipe to follow!
No Bake Cornflake Bars
Visit here for the printable recipe
- 3 cups crushed corn flakes
- 1 cup smoothy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup golden corn syrup
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 tbsp evaporated milk
- Heat peanut butter, brown sugar and corn syrup over low heat to melt. Stir in crushed cornflakes 1 cup at a time.
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler and spread over the top of the square. Melt the butterscotch chips with the evaporated milk and drizzle over the chocolate.
- Variation: Melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips together, spread onto the square, and top while still warm with nuts, or a mixture of pretzel sticks and peanuts for a sweet and salty treat.
Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, and a website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.
Visit her daily on her blog, The Kitchen Witch or on her YouTube Channel, CHARMED With The Kitchen Witch.