This is why I've grown so fond of the "Snack'n Cake;" and my many original variations on the concept - like today's uber moist, ultra flavourful crumbly, apple cinnamon slab of amazingness - is like Nirvana on a plate.
Don't believe me?
Can I get a moment of silence?
In the meantime, I have been so kind as to out together a printable recipe
And an easy to follow step by step recipe video. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pure unsweetened apple juice
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 cups chopped apples
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, add apple juice, sour cream, vegetable oil, vinegar, and stir.
- Add the dry mix to the wet, stir until everything is incorporated, and then add the apple.
- Mix all of the crumble topping ingredients together until well incorporated and then sprinkle evenly over the entire top of the cake.
- Pour into a square 8x8x2 cake pan that has been prepared with parchment paper for easy removal, cover with the crumble mixture, and bake in a preheated 350 oven for 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let rest at least ten minutes before removing from the cake pan. Let cool before slicing.
Bring the daily magic of The Kitchen Witch straight to your inbox every time a new one is written.
Or you can subscribe by rss feed...
Subscribe in a reader