Until then, though, it's important for me to enjoy good self care with healthy, delicious meals that are quick and easy to prepare.
Today's beautiful stir fry fits that bill perfectly!
Tender chicken, mushrooms and crisp green beans are blanketed in a luxurious stir fry sauce and served over fluffy white rice.
As I always, I hope you enjoy the easy to follow step by step video. Scroll down for the recipe and links to its printable version.
Sweet Gingered Chicken and Green Bean Stir Fry
Click here for the Printable recipe
- 2 cups of boneless, skinless chicken breast meat cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 1/2 cups green beans
- 5 large white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium diced white onion
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- !/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp dark sesame oil
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, minced garlic, minced ginger, vinegar, Hoisin sauce, cayenne pepper, and 1/2 tsp of the dark sesame oil to form a marinade. Marinate sliced chicken in this mixture for 1 hour.
- Saute the onions, green beans, and mushrooms in vegetable oil and the remaining sesame oil over medium high heat until the mushrooms begin the release their water and the onions turn golden.
- Add garlic powder, black pepper and 1/4 cup of the chicen stock and stir until the stock is almost evaporated. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade (set marinade aside for later) In a non stick pan or wok that has been coated with cooking spray, stir fry the chicken over medium high heat. Remove any additional sauce from the pan and add to the marinade.
- Place a tbsp of cornstarch in the reserved marinade and stir well to incorporate.
- When the chicken is cooked through, add the reserved vegetables and marinade and bring to the boil. Add 1/4 cup chicken stock to thin sauce out if needed.
- Serve over jasmine rice.
Bring the daily magic of The Kitchen Witch straight to your inbox every time a new one is written.
Or you can subscribe by rss feed...
Subscribe in a reader