The kind of dish you enjoy with a cold beer or refreshing cocktail - and with that in mind, I just had to share my original recipe for crispy, tender, sweet, and spicy Buffalo Style Chicken Wings!
Talk about the perfect way to celebrate the weekend!
Visit the printable recipe here: CHARMED Chicken Wings - Buffalo Style
Please enjoy the easy to follow step by step video
CHARMED Chicken Wings - Buffalo Style!
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup hot sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon hickory-flavored liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tsp Emeril's Creole spice
- 2 cups corn starch seasoned with 1 additional tbsp creole spice
- vegetable or peanut oil for frying
- Mix all of the ingredients (except the chicken wings) together in a sauce pot over medium high heat and bring to a slow boil.
- Cool the marinade to room temperature.
- Place the wings in a jumbo sized freezer bag and pour two cups of the marinade over all. Seal the bag and massage the marinade into the chicken making sure to cover all. Refrigerate and let marinate for at least 4 hours to a maximum of 24 hours.
- Reserve the second two cups of marinade in the refrigerator to use as a glaze later.
- Dredge the wings in the cornstarch/seasoning mixture and set on a tray.
- Heat oil in a wok or deep fryer to 350 degrees and deep fry the wings in batches of 5 for 5-7 minutes turning periodically.
- Heat the reserved marinade/glaze and serve alongside the crispy wings for dipping or glaze them all at once.
- Place the wings onto a baking sheet covered in paper towel and keep warm in a 200 oven.
Bring the daily magic of The Kitchen Witch straight to your inbox every time a new one is written.
Or you can subscribe by rss feed...
Subscribe in a reader