When wanting to see and be seen, schmooze, flirt, and trip the light fantastic (did I just age myself?) was everything and sitting at home with nothing but the TV and a bag of chips was about as depressing as it could get?
Friday Night Foodie is all about moving beyond the chips and dip and I have decided to resurrect it - today featuring an easy to prepare, restaurant quality Noodle Bowl for festive Friday dining!
Better still, the entire dish can be put together in about 10 minutes!
To visit the printable recipe: Seafood Noodle Bowl
Please enjoy the how to video.
- 300 grams peeled, de-veined jumbo prawns
- 150 grams baby scallops (or large scallops cut into quarters)
- 200 grams halibut or haddock filet
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 200 grams sugar snap peas, cut in half
- 2 175 gram pkgs stir fry noodles
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 6 tbsp Oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 8 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp siracha chili sauce (optional)
- Mix the Oyster sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce, water, sugar, and siracha chili sauce together and set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok heated to medium high (375) and stir fry the prawns, scallops, fish, and vegetables until coked through, removing any additional water from the wok with a spoon.
- Add the noodles and sauce. Toss and continue to cook about 2-3 more minutes.
Bring the daily magic of The Kitchen Witch straight to your inbox every time a new one is written.
Or you can subscribe by rss feed...
Subscribe in a reader