Today's recipe is an adaptation from Rose Reisman and I can't say enough about how delicious it is.
Visit the printable recipe here, or enjoy the easy to follow step by step recipe video.
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cups chopped mixed wild mushrooms (about 1 1/3 lb)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup cooking sherry (optional)
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup cubed potato
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 cup canned low fat evaporated milk
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbsp chopped parsley
- In a large, nonstick pot lightly coated with cooking spray add 1 tsp of the oil and the mushrooms. Sauté on medium-high heat until the mushrooms have released most of their water. De-glaze the pan with sherry and cook, stirring constantly, until the liquid has almost completely evaporated. Remove to a bowl.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan. Add the onions and garlic and sauté on medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the carrots and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the cooked mushrooms and the stock, potato, rosemary, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the potato is tender.
- Purée in a food processor until smooth. Pour back into the saucepan and add the evaporated milk, and Parmesan cheese. Heat gently and serve. This is wonderful with buttered toast points.
Bring the daily magic of The Kitchen Witch straight to your inbox every time a new one is written.
Or you can subscribe by rss feed...
Subscribe in a reader