And it never fails, when life gets hectic like this, I start to crave something sweet. So I went into my recipe files last night to see what was what.
I keep lists of things I want to try and I've had this one kicking around for awhile for Peanut butter Chocolate Kit Kat Bars and am I ever glad I tried it. Talk about a delicious quick and easy recipe. Not only do mu husband and I love this one. It got a big thumbs up from a group of high school students I taste tested it on yesterday.
Visit the printable recipe here: Peanut Butter Chocolate Kit Kat Bars
Please enjoy my easy to follow how to video.
- 72 Ritz Crackers
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- Line a 9×13 inch pan with parchment paper. Put a layer for Ritz crackers across the bottom.
- In a saucepan, stir together graham crumbs, sugar, butter and milk. Turn heat to medium and bring to a boil. When mixture begins to boil, boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour half of this mixture over the Ritz crackers and smooth it out evenly, then lay another blanket of Ritz over the caramel mixture.
- Pour the remaining caramel over second layer of Ritz, then top with one last layer of crackers.
- In a saucepan, combine butterscotch chips, chocolate chips and peanut butter. Melt, over low heat. Spread melted mixture over top.
- Cool to room temperature and transfer to the refrigerator for about a half hour until the chocolate mixture is set. When set, remove from refrigerator by lifting using the parchment paper. Place on a cutting board and cut into bars.
Bring the daily magic of The Kitchen Witch straight to your inbox every time a new one is written.
Or you can subscribe by rss feed...
Subscribe in a reader