I'm a day late for Foodie Friday - but, I promise, this one's good for any day!
This gorgeous, home made artisan style pizza is not only fresh, and delectable to the palette, it's also incredibly easy to make and can be prepared in advance.
Make the topping, proof the dough, wrap it all up - and when you're ready - roll it all out, and bake in a 500 degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
The "Thinny Spinny!"
Visit the printable recipe here: The Thinny Spinny.
Learn how to make this with my easy to follow step by step How To Video.
Neapolitan Pizza Dough
- 1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup luke warm water
- 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- In a large mixing bowl stir the yeast into luke warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the olive oil and the cold water and then stir in a half cup of the flour and the salt, stirring until smooth. Stir in the remaining flour, a half cup at ta time, until the dough comes together in a tough mass.
- On a lightly floured work surface, knead the dough until smooth and velvety, about 8-10 minutes. Cover loosely with a tea towel and let it rest 15 minutes.
- Divide into 2 equal portions, knead briefly, then roll each portion into a smooth round ball.
- Sprinkle a little flour on the work surface and place the balls on it. Cover with a tea towel and let rise for 1 hour.
- 3/4 cup of chopped ripe tomatoes or canned organic tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt and black pepper
With an immersion blender, blitz 10-20 seconds until smooth.
- 1 box frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 cups thinly sliced button musrooms
- 1 tsp plus 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt and black pepper, divided
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup toasted pine nuts, divided
- 1 cup feta cheese, divided
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese, divided
- In a large non-stick pan, saute the mushrooms in 1 tsp of the extra virgin olive oil over medium high heat just until the mushrooms are beginning to release their water.
- Add the additional tablespoon of olive oil, spinach, salt, pepper, and minced garlic and continue to saute for 1 more minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 500
- Roll out each ball of dough into a thin disc, app 1/4 inch in thickness onto a baking sheet, pizza sheet, or pizza stone. If using a pizza stone, you can also pre-heat it and slide the finished pizza onto the hot stone. This will make for a crispier crust.
- Brush each disc with extra virgin olive oil making sure to cover the entire surface and sprinkle with1/4 tsp of the sea salt and black pepper (about 1/8 of a tsp per pizza)
- Spread equal amounts of the spaghetti sauce, spinach topping, pine nuts, and cheeses over each pizza.
- If baking on a heated pizza stone, bake for 8-10 minutes until edges are golden and cheese is melted, if baking on a cool surface, bake for 12-15 minutes.
Bring the daily magic of The Kitchen Witch straight to your inbox every time a new one is written.
Or you can subscribe by rss feed...
Subscribe in a reader