These incredible little Taco Meatball Appetizer Cups are the perfect bite on a Foodie Friday! Better still, they're super easy to make - which is a good thing because you'd better make a lot! These little morsels of amazingness jump off the plate quicker than me at a George Clooney sighting!
Visit the printable recipe here: Taco Meatball Appetizer Cups
Stay tuned tomorrow for some Saturday Cocktails and Gossip, this week featuring my impressions of Anthony Bourdain's new show Parts Unknown and a super yummy Vodka and Black Cherry Iced Tea!
Until then, please enjoy my easy to follow step by step video!
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1 envelope dry taco seasoning or 2 heaping tbsp Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- sharp cheddar cheese - cut into small cubes approximately ¼" squares
- sour cream
- shredded lettuce
- 1 pkg Tostidos Scoops
1. In large mixing bowl combine hamburger, taco seasoning and egg.
2. Shape approximately 1 heaping teaspoon of meat mixture around each cube of cheese.
3. Place meatballs on a baking rack on a tinfoil lined baking sheet - any fat and juices will run off the meatballs onto the pan. Remove tinfoil and throw away for easy cleanup.
4. Keep meatballs from touching each other.
5. Bake at 425°F for 10-12 minutes or until meat is browned.
- Keep your meatballs in a warm oven until ready to serve.
- Line up your Tostitos Scoops and place a teaspoon of sour cream in each. Top each with shredded lettuce.
- Place a warm meatball in each cup and spoon salsa over all.
- Serve immediately (they are just fine at room temp too :-)
Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, and a website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.
Visit her daily on her blog, The Kitchen Witch or on her YouTube Channel, CHARMED With The Kitchen Witch.