This incredibly easy to make strawberry jam is wonderful to give as a hostess gift or to have on hand during the summer months when strawberries are in season. And don't let the ingredients scare you. The flavours of balsamic vinegar, black pepper, and strawberries go perfectly together making this strawberry masterpiece incredible for both sweet...
|Homemade Crostini with Chevre and Strawberry Compote|
Whether you use this as a marinade for chicken, the base for a vinaigrette, or in a multitude of beautiful desserts, today's recipe is a good one to have in your back pocket and I hope you enjoy.
Visit the printable recipe here: Balsamic Strawberry Compote
Please enjoy my easy to follow step by step video.
Original recipe from Epicurious
- 2 cups strawberries, trimmed and quartered
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- In a small heavy saucepan bring all ingredients to a boil, stirring, and skim surface.
- Simmer mixture, stirring and skimming foam occasionally, 15 minutes, or until thickened and translucent.
- Remove pan from heat and cool preserves completely. Preserves keep, covered and chilled, 1 month.
Bring the daily magic of The Kitchen Witch straight to your inbox every time a new one is written.
Or you can subscribe by rss feed...
Subscribe in a reader